L10N Infrastructure Roadmap (was Re: FLP Meeting 2009-01-28 IRC Log)

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 02:38:30 UTC 2009

2009/2/10 Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>:
> It's worth noting here that Transifex v0.5 includes statistics support and
> will be released in March.

Great !

> At some point in
> the next month we'll completely support all of DL's features and so many more,
> like statistics, user registrations, user-added modules, tags, collections,
> releases, openid, notifications for file changes, RSS, comments, and a few
> other secret ones.
>
> Our goal is to work with every interested party in creating The Open
> Translation Platform, which any project can use to cover their translation
> needs. If there's any specific feature you'd like to see included, please feel
> free to just drop by #transifex on Freenode or simply send us your
> feature requests [2].
>
> [1] Indifex: http://www.indifex.com/
> [2] Tx feature requests: http://transifex.org/wiki/FeatureRequests

Some ideas, not new ones, they used to be in the old i18n interface.

1. It is necessary to have a way to block the upload of a .po file
which is being translated by other person of the team.
If a translator blocks a file for translation, it shouldn't be
forever. There must be a timeout. Emails should be sent to the t
2.