Fedora Installation Guide

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 03:13:05 UTC 2009

Hi all -

Could we please have some input into how many languages we should
publish the guide in?

Three languages are completely (or almost completely) translated: Dutch,
Spanish, and Italian. These are also the only languages more than 65%
complete. Obviously[1], we'll publish these.

There are four additional languages at 50% and up: German, French,
Brazilian Portuguese, and Simplified Chinese. Should we publish these in
this state?

The remaining 29 languages are less than half-way there. Should we
publish these in this state? (Eight of these are under 10% complete, and
of these, two are under 1%)

You can, of course, see which languages are at which state of completion
on the Guide's Transifex page[2].

Thoughts?

Thanks
Ruediger

[1] Well, it *should* be obvious... I'm aware that the 100% complete
translations of the Fedora 10 guide are *still* not up. I tried to fix
this, but unfortunately, I have not been able to master the old
fedora-docs-utils tools; Publican was already in use when I joined Red
Hat. I'm still hoping that someone more experienced with the old tools
can do this for us.

[2]
https://translate.fedoraproject.org/tx/projects/docs-install-guide/f11-tx/