Common Content files for Publican now in Transifex

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 02:27:30 UTC 2009

With many thanks to Dmitris for stepping me through the process, the
Common Content files for Publican are now available in Transifex.

They are:

Conventions.po (part of the Publican Common Content module):
   Download from your language directory here:
https://fedorahosted.org/publican/browser/trunk/publican/content/common
   Upload to your language directory here:
https://translate.fedoraproject.org/submit/module/publican-common-content

and

Feedback.po (part of the Publican Fedora brand module):
   Download from your language directory here:
https://fedorahosted.org/publican/browser/trunk/publican-fedora
   Upload to your language directory here:
https://translate.fedoraproject.org/submit/module/publican-fedora-brand

Notes:
1. As previously discussed on this list, the Conventions.po file
contains an extremely long and difficult string. A version of the file
with this string broken up into more manageable chunks is available
here: http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org//Conventions.po -- if you use
this as the basis for your translation, please let me know before
uploading this in Transifex; the file will need some manual tweaking
once you upload it.
2. These two files are part of two separate Publican modules; one that
provides content for all "brands" supported in Publican (Fedora, JBoss,
GIMP, oVirt, Red Hat), and one that provides content specifically for
Fedora. You will also see a Feedback.po file in the Common Content
module; this is NOT the Feedback file that we need as a priority,
although translations of it are welcome too! (This file is not a
priority in Fedora, because Fedora documents use our own Feedback file,
which over-rides the "common" Feedback file)
3. Publican already contains directories for the languages supported by
Red Hat, plus a dozen or so community languages that are a high priority
for the Fedora 11 Installation Guide (see list below). If you can help
out by translating a language which doesn't already have a directory
please let me know, or send your request to publican-list at redhat.com
4. Please remember to include your name and email address in the header
of the .po file so that you receive credit for your work! All
submissions will also be credited in the CHANGES files for the
appropriate module -- see here:
https://fedorahosted.org/publican/browser/trunk/publican/CHANGES and
here:
https://fedorahosted.org/publican/browser/trunk/publican-fedora/CHANGES
5. Mockups of how these two sections currently look in a variety of
languages are available here:
http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/Common_Content -- I will update these
as new translations are received. Please note that some elements on
these pages are simply "placeholders" and are not part of the files that
need translating (the heading "Preface", for example)

Priority languages:
Many thanks to Richard and Rui for translations into Dutch and European
Portuguese. The remaining languages that we still need urgently are:
* Danish
* Greek
* Hungarian
* Indonesian
* Latvian
* Malay
* Norwegian (Bokmål)
* Polish
* Serbian (Cyrillic and Latin characters)
* Swedish
Like I said, any others are most welcome as well.

Cheers
Rudi