Release-note is long and hard for translating

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue May 5 22:19:12 UTC 2009

2009/5/6 Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at redhat.com>:
> Hello L10N Infra team
>
> As we know, the subject is known issue both in docs team and l10n team.
> There are some decisions made docs team side to improve this issue [1].
>
> During today's FLP meeting, another idea came up to address this issue
> from l10n team side that is to break the file in small chunks.
> Could you kindly assess the feasibility and the scope of this idea?
>
> [1]:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_decisions_for_F12#What_will_release_notes_look_like

A small plugin-like application could be written on top of Transifex
that takes a PO file and cuts it into chunks of a reasonable size,
offering them for download as a zip file.

Then, the submission method can be tweaked so that it takes the
uploaded file and instead of overwriting the source file on the
server, to msgmerge it and submit the msgmerged file. This way
translators can take a chunk, translate it, and submit it for
inclusion in the server file.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos