Release-note is long and hard for translating

Xavi Conde xavi.conde at gmail.com
Tue May 5 22:19:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'd suggest that release notes should not have more than 100 messages.
I see translating release notes as a long term useless effort, so I
myself write down an announcement in my own language highlighting the
most important changes. Also, when possible, they should try to reuse
existing texts from before, so translating release notes is less
useless.

I don't see any benefit for the user in knowing that openjdk was
upgraded to XXX, rarely it will urge him to install Fedora. Relese
notes should focus on real value features for the user, not in
updates, more in a marketing-like style.

I'd suggest to have a minimal and extended release notes, to favour
reluctant teams as mine to translate miminal.

Regards!