[publican-list] Publican 1.0 nearly here

Miloš Komarčević kmilos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 15:04:29 UTC 2009

Hi Rudi,

The new F12 documents look truly stunning, kudos to the Publican team!

The Publican User Guide gives nice directions for using language codes
according to BCP47, but I do have a quick question about our Serbian
Latin codes that are used in Fedora repositories. I realize everything
out somehow when the po files are transferred back to xml, but I'm
just confused with different filenames we have in there now: setting
UI aside, for docs we have sr_Latn.po (the only option supported by
DocBook before Publican), sr at latin.po (I haven't created these, so
must have been generated by Publican), and in addition the sr-LATN
subdirectories.

Is there anything we can, or indeed should do to clean this situation
up? My worry is that people from other projects who might take a peak
will think these non-standard codes ok to use and they will just
proliferate...

Regards,
Miloš