[Design-team] Final Fedora 12 Schedule Tasks

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 05:52:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:36:24AM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 15:26 +1000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f12%20banner/f12-release-banner.png
> > >
> > > http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f12%
> > > 20banner/f12-release-banner_notext.png
> >
> > Brilliant!  Any reason for us not to use the "notext" version, that
> > you know of?
> >

> I like the effect of the 'unite' text? Hehe. And 'Unite' is gonna be in
> plain text either above or below the banner too, so that could serve as
> a sort of translation.
>
> I dunno. Is it worth potentially confusing someone to have the text in
> the image? Maybe not. It is a cool effect though.

For what it's worth, I think the design including the text is
great. :-)

If we do want to keep it, though, maybe we should see if we can get
localized text out of the translations for the "Unite" wording on the
website.  Then we could include translations in the graphic, in
different fonts, instead of just English text.

Alternately, we could just drop it so that by excluding one language
or another, we don't disappoint anyone unnecessarily.