Midnight Commander needs help with translations!

Christian Rose menthos at menthos.com
Fri Nov 20 17:16:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
> ----- Forwarded message from Slava Zanko <slavazanko at gmail.com> -----
>
> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:06:03 +0200
> From: Slava Zanko <slavazanko at gmail.com>
> To: Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>
> Subject: I need help with translations  :)
[...]
> Is Red Hat (or Fedora community) have translate teams? We need for
> translations for mc. In early December will release mc and now project
> was in stabilization stage: in 'master' branch allowed just bugfixing
> and code cleanups. Also, any changes of i18n text was frozen until mc
> release out. Therefore we published a request for translations:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2009-October/msg00031.html (at
> end of annouce). But nobody cares :(
>
> Therefore my request to you here: is you may help with translations?
> Any help from you will be very valuable to us - link to wiki, emails of
> translation teams etc.

I see that mc is using partly gnome.org infrastructure (mailing lists
etc.) but uses its own git server, instead of git.gnome.org.
If mc were to use gnome.org infrastructure fully and use the
git.gnome.org repository, getting translations would be a non-issue,
as translations would then be taken care of the gnome translation
project (http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject). Hint, hint.

Christian