Upgrade to Sponsor

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Apr 3 08:18:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Munzir Taha (منذر  طه)
<munzirtaha at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Yaum al-Jumma 17 Rabi` al-Thaani 1431 7:38:21 pm Dimitris Glezos wrote:

> Hi all
> Dimitris,
> During the previous week, I reviewed all Tareq's translations which are sent
> privately and pointed out some problems with the translation. He is proceeding
> well beside he is enthusiastic about being the maintainer. As you mentioned,
> Tareq needs first to contribute via the mailing list and be involved with the
> community before a decision by me and the members is made.

Great to hear the team is working together! Like all open source
communities, the Fedora language teams too thrive when there is a
vibrant community/team and leaders grow organically.

> I also requested he
> learn how to use the current versioning system, if any, (we used to use cvs)
> for tracking each other's changes which Tareq doesn't still know how to
> handle. He also need to learn how to convert to .mo file and apply translation
> to check the context. I also want to see how he reviews others translations.

I agree this is a quite important step, as new members request from
the more experienced and leaders to help with these tools, and quite
often errors are fixed by the maintainer.

> Tareq,
> I really believe you shouldn't rush for the maintainer, take your time, prove
> to the community you can work hard and cooperate well, if they see you
> qualified they would vote for you. I would be the first don't worry.

I wonder if the wiki pages explain clearly the responsibility the
position of a maintainer can mean sometimes. =)

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos