User Guide: Contributors list

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 02:55:22 UTC 2010

On 04/21/2010 10:28 AM, Yulia Poyarkova wrote:
> I have a question regarding the contributors list  [1].
> How is it generated? Currently Russian team has about 5-6 members
> working on User Guide and the list contains only 2 names. My guess is
> those 2 names have been extracted from the
> Contributors_and_production_methods.po header.
> Is there a way to extract names from all PO-file headers for this and
> other Guides?

The contributors lists in every Guide are compiled manually, and because
the XML must be finalised before providing the files to L10N, the lists
are always one release out of date.

I have discussed this issue at length with Noriko; the only practical
solution is that we provide a page on the Fedora wiki for each guide,
where we can acknowledge contributors to the /current/ versions of the
guide. I have undertaken to have this in place for F13, but am running a
little late.

I will have something in place within the next few days; this will
require a small string change to the User's Guide, and I'll notify
trans-list when this is in place.

Cheers
Rudi