Transifex 1.0 arrived! What's new for us?

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 23 14:26:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Jesús Franco <tezcatl at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just read the news about the new release of transifex, so i
> wanted to share with you in order to get noticed and prepared for the
> changes in our workflow. I see in translate.fp.o 0.7.x actually, but
> i'm pretty sure Dimitri Glezos and his team are working on the
> upgrade.
>
> Release Notes:
> http://help.transifex.net/technical/releases/1.0.html
>
> "The big, scary Transifex One-Dot-Zero"
> http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/one-dot-zero.html#user-one-dot-zero
>
> It says translators won't be affected in their present workflow, so,
> is just a matter of developers and Docs team the update of our
> translations?
>
> How this would better our present work?
>
> --
> Jesús E. Franco Mtz. http://identi.ca/tzk
> Fedora Ambassador from Chimalhuacán, México

I've also received the newsletter announcing the new transifex.net
instance... But the transifex 1.0 release was during October [1].
Nothing really new :)

As Ville-Pekka said, our Tx instance will be soon upgraded to transifex 0.9.1.
Hard work was done thanks to Beckerde for packaging and driving the upgrade.
But yeah, transifex 1.1 has many new features...

[1] http://help.transifex.net/technical/releases/1.0.html

--
Kévin Raymond (shaiton)
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2