anaconda translations and branches

Piotr Drąg piotrdrag at
Mon Jan 11 20:52:58 UTC 2010

W dniu 11.01.2010 21:22, Miloš Komarčević pisze:
> Yes and no. As David points out, someone could decide to make a
> respin/remix pulling in all the updates. Localized respins/remixes
> particularly come to mind, where anaconda translations are of great
> interest.

You might be right. I guess anaconda maintainers should decide if
submission should be enabled.

> s-c-printer translations were on 1.1.x branch in Tx all throughout (or
> most of) the F12 development cycle, not master. Similarly for F11.
> Therefore, I don't think it's safe to assume the maintainer will not
> create a branch before rawhide gets frozen for R13.

I knew I wasn't clear. ;) I was talking about anaconda's development
model. s-c-p uses simultaneously development (master) and stable (1.1.x
for F11 and F12, probably 1.2.x for F13) branches.

> My point is that Tx should not stop people from committing to
> branches, but people should certainly be clear about what they are and
> should be doing (warnings, TQSG, etc.).

So if anaconda crew decide that submission to released branches can be
enabled, I'll add warning to these branches about situation here. Hope
it would help people to manage their time.

Piotr Drąg