QA test for L10N

Ankit Patel ankit at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 09:11:16 UTC 2010

Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> Since Noriko is on holiday traveling, I updated the Fedora 13 l10n
> Results Template wiki page [1] in order to provide some more
> information for translators, although the page isn't complete yet.
>
> We are using a command-line driven approach to write the testing
> steps. This is a good way to go because commands are language
> independent, so we can standardize the process. Translators, if you
> feel uncomfortable with this approach please let me know.
>
> I guess when we have more documentation prepared we can split it in
> more pages, so far it looks ok for me.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_13_l10n_Results_Template

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up Igor.

some inputs from my side.
* We need to review the list of packages, as some of the packages do not
really comes as default or being obsoleted by some other packages.
* Steps section needs to be updated. (e.g. for Anaconda testing - 1.
Issue command "liveinst" 2. Check buttons' translations 3. Check whether
every message on each window is translated correctly 4. Check the
consistency of translation across the application and desktop items. [5.
Checking the menu items, dialog boxes' translation if any] If any of
these fails file a bug)
* There should be one more column for "Status", which denotes whether
the test case passed or failed.

Let me know, if this looks okay to you all, I will edit it in the wiki
page in a more described way.

Thanks!

--
Regards,