QA test for L10N

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:03:10 UTC 2010

Em Ter, 2010-01-19 às 14:41 +0530, Ankit Patel escreveu:
> Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> > I guess when we have more documentation prepared we can split it in
> > more pages, so far it looks ok for me.
> >
> > [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_13_l10n_Results_Template
> >

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the heads up Igor.
>
> some inputs from my side.
> * We need to review the list of packages, as some of the packages do not
> really comes as default or being obsoleted by some other packages.

IMHO it is important to include not only those packages that come as
default, at least I think we should include all system-config-* apps
since some of them don't come as default but are also important. I
realize some packages as switchdesk and hwbrowser seems obsoleted, but
they are still being packed for F13, anyway I'm not sure if they are
worth testing at first. I just removed rhpxl and system-config-cluster
from the list since both are really obsoleted.

> * Steps section needs to be updated. (e.g. for Anaconda testing - 1.
> Issue command "liveinst" 2. Check buttons' translations 3. Check whether
> every message on each window is translated correctly 4. Check the
> consistency of translation across the application and desktop items. [5.
> Checking the menu items, dialog boxes' translation if any] If any of
> these fails file a bug)

If we want more complete steps I think we should write them in other
page or write separated test cases like i18n does and link them using a
wiki category, as suggested earlier. So we can clean up the results
template page by moving the "steps" column to an individual installer
test case, for instance.

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares