A suggestion on PO files in transifex

noriko noriko at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 9 02:56:48 UTC 2010

Tseng, Cheng-Chia さんは書きました:
> I agree with you, tian.
>
> I think that is the most important part to do a better translation. If we
> translators can know what the package or po file which the messages seen
> belong to is more easily, we can improve the translations more quickly and
> better.
>
> Not knowing which po file the messages occur is such a problem.
>
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 3:15 PM, tiansworld <tiansworld at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> There are a lot of po files in transifex, and the number is growing.
>> It's hard to know where the strings of a po file will appear in the
>> distribution.
>> For instance, I found some Simplified Chinese translation errors in
>> Fedora 13 DVD installation -- timezone setting screen and root
>> password setting screen. But I don't know which po file(s) they belong
>> to.
>>
>> So is it possible to add some detailed description for each component,
>> what are they, where they will appear in the distribution and so on,
>> so that translators can find the strings they need to translate/fix
>> more quickly.

One line simple detail can be found per package, for example
system-config-date is at [1].

Not sure this template page [2] can help the issue, but the page lists
the Fedora packages with steps to review the translated strings. Some
are still missing though.

[1]:https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/system-config-date/
[2]:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_13_l10n_Results_Template

noriko