New translation process for wiki; feedback requested

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 03:56:22 UTC 2010

2010/6/29 noriko <noriko at fedoraproject.org>:

> It sounds very organized. Our team seems to need own wiki first.

:-)
The trans-es list is enough for us to organize our work.

> Do you have your team page if I can peek?

Not really, Noriko-san.
It would have been in [1], but as we have lost some work in the last
update from moin moin to mediawiki framework, nobody in the Spanish
team updated it and we are currently working with our local trans-es
list.
We only have updated the dictionary [2] for common pitfalls in
translations and some useful tips.

We were not adding anything else but the front page to the wiki
because of the lack of the translation support in the mediawiki
software. Kudos to Ian Weller for his work on this issue. It would be
nice if he would submit it upstream. Our Team will work in the other
pages soon.
Thanks to our Ambassadors for their work in Spanish translation in the wiki too.

By the way, Daniel is doing a great job in helping with coordination
in the Fedora Spanish Translation Team. He will be soon upgraded to
sponsor for our team.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Teams/Spanish

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Teams/Spanish/Diccionario

k.r.