Getting ready for 0.8: rc1 and string freeze

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Tue Mar 2 17:49:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Rui Gouveia <rui.gouveia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Congratulations!

Hope you like the release. =)

> A side question. Can anybody clarify the differences in porpose between
> Transifex and Pootle.

If someone does, I'd really like to have them posted somewhere, since
we're getting this Q a lot of times. =)

In the past I tried to collect some of them here:

  http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=276959&postcount=14

One feature not mentioned is with a couple of clicks anyone can
register his own open source project on www.transifex.net and maintain
his own project's translation teams.

> I installed pootle on Fedora just to try a web translation tools and I
> found some nice features. IMHO, some are way ahead of Transifex. Does
> the roadmap of Transifex includes some of these? If so, why not just use
> pootle?

Pootle is a great tool and has had success with a lot of software
projects. It has also showed the way to more modern tools like
Transifex on how open translation tools should look like. Having said
that, I believe Pootle and Transifex try to solve different problems,
and when there is an overlap, the solution is done in different ways.

-d

> Em 26-02-2010 19:05, Dimitris Glezos escreveu:
>> I'm happy to announce that Transifex 0.8 Release Candidate 1 is out.
>>
>>   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/transifex/0.8.0rc1
>>
>> This marks the string-freeze for 0.8, so dear translators, please do
>> fire up Lotte and help us release in as many languages as possible.
>> Our goal for this release is 15 languages. =)
>>
>>   http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/transifex/c/default/
>>
>> -d
>>

> --
> Rui Gouveia
>
> --
> O Software Livre não é apenas software. É também uma
> filosofia de vida. Aprenda mais sobre este assunto em
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/ e liberte-se.
>
> http://www.google.com/reader/shared/05174907382601741850

Dimitris Glezos