A couple of strings I can't find

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 11:16:43 UTC 2010

2010/3/3 Piotr Drąg <piotrdrag at gmail.com>:
> W dniu 03.03.2010 02:21, Kris Thomsen pisze:
>> System =>  Administration =>  Add/Remove Software (can't find
>> "Add/Remove Software"-string)
>>

> It is from gnome-packagekit, a package translated by GNOME Translation
> Project.
>
> http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gnome-packagekit/

The string is there.
Something must be done for packages that are translated upstream.
It seems our package maintainers don't download the new translations,
or maybe something else is breaking them.

For Spanish, that string was translated before the release of Fedora 10.
It's in Spanish in the es.po file since then.
It was included and is shown in Spanish in F10.

But since Fedora 11, it's back in English.
Fedora 11 and 12 show that string in English.
It's disappointing when our translations are not used.

Let's see what happens with Fedora 13 Alpha.
It's the chance to file a bug and get the attention of the package maintainer.

kind regards

Domingo Becker