Transifex 0.8 Magneto -- woohoo!

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 04:25:51 UTC 2010

Paul W. Frields さんは書きました:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 06:03:46PM +0200, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>>>>
>>> If it can be disabled for our instance, then I'm all about updating to
>>> 0.8.
>> I suppose we can simply remove the related Teams Tab from the UI.
>>
>>> It has many advantages and such, it's really a great release. I'm
>>> just worried if it would slow down the process of update. Is it possible
>>> to update stg.t.fp.o to 0.8 ASAP? We could use the time before freeze
>>> ends to test it.
>> Yeah, the whole upgrade/testing process has been a bit painful so far.
>> I'm not sure exactly who should we ask to lead this or how we could
>> play around with the templates etc.
>
> If this throws a wrench into the process of just getting
> translate.fp.o updated to a version that fixes current pain points, I
> am not in favor of it.
>
> It sounds like updating to 0.8 means we need to go back several steps.
> That could hurt the deadlines for Fedora translators, correct?  If so,
> it may be too late to embark on that course.
>
> There's no reason we can't look at updating again after F13 release if
> I'm correct.  But even in that case I would hesitate to talk about
> another quick update unless the people who want it are ready to devote
> cycles to the staging, testing, and other work required to put it in
> place.
>
> However, I'd like to hear from the L10N steering leaders, because the
> L10N teams are the ones most affected by this.  The highest priority
> is that we not further disturb the L10n schedule for F13.

0.8 contains excellent features that I myself was amazed. It is exciting
to have it in translate.fp.o. But as pointed already, the resource is in
question. Besides 0.7.4 still looks very nice and works for us, plus we
are almost there to roll-out to the production. Thus it looks preferable
to me to go with 0.7.4 for F13 unless we see blocker.

noriko