[SSSD] SSSD 1.1.0 now in string freeze

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 13:00:01 UTC 2010

> On 03/09/2010 09:52 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> On 03/08/2010 05:16 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>>> The System Security Services Daemon is now in string freeze in
>>> preparation for our release on Wednesday, March 17. We would very much
>>> appreciate the addition of new translations, as we will be releasing
>>> this version into EPEL5 for long-term support.
>
>>> The SSSD translation project is hosted on transifex.net at
>>> https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/sssd/c/master/
>
>>> Thank you very much for your help!
>

>> My sincerest apologies. I realized today that there were files missing
>> from POTFILES.in. The result of this is that we were missing several
>> translatable strings from the list. I have pushed an update to the
>> repository.
>
>> This should now be the correct String Freeze state. Sorry again for the
>> confusion.
>
>> Thank you again for your support! Keep those translations coming!
>

> For the record, if the language you would like to translate is not
> currently listed on our translation page, please request a new
> translation team for your language. When I see those, I pre-generate the
> .po files for that language, so they'll be editable in the UI.

Ok, much to my chagrin, I'm going to have to cancel String Freeze for
the SSSD at this time. We discovered today a blocker for the 1.1 release
that is, unfortunately, going to require a string change. (Specifically,
we realized that we absolutely need to have a new option in the
configuration API, and this means we'll need to include the help text
for it in the translatable string list)

Once this fix is in, I will reinstitute String Freeze, and slip our
release date by a few days to compensate.

My apologies, once again.

- --
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761