Building the release notes

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 15:03:11 UTC 2010

On 03/22/2010 11:09 PM, Geert Warrink wrote:
> I am trying to build the release notes to proofread my Dutch
> translation.
> I have installed publican and publican-fedora
> I have tried the following:
> git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-doc-utils.git docs-com
> git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/release-notes.git
> cd release-notes
> git checkout f13
> make html-single-nl-NL

Hi Geert, and once again, thank you for your mighty translation effort :)

Piotr answered part of this in a separate reply, but missed something
too, so this is the complete guide to building the f13 docs (at the
moment, only the Release Notes are available)

----

1. check out the book from source. In this case:

git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/release-notes.git

2. change into the book directory. In this case:

cd release-notes

3. create a local git branch that tracks the remote f13 branch, and
switch to the new local branch:

git checkout --track -b f13 origin/f13

4. build the doc:

publican build --formats html-single --langs nl-NL

----

Note that you can build more than one format at once, for example:
publican build --formats html-single,html,pdf,ebook --langs nl-NL

I'll have the Translation Quick Start Guide updated shortly to document
this.

Thanks again

Ruediger