Hindi po submission (sponsor required)

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ankit at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 08:51:55 UTC 2010

Suchakra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Need some help here. I require sponsor as my translation of
> FAS-website is around 10% complete and I wish to commit it. How shall
> i be able to proofread it. its different from the standard procedure
> followed for software i presume. I had clicked on 'become a
> translator' in transifex at this page
> [https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/fas/c/master/]� and
> it shows 'request pending for approval'.
>
> Suchakra

Suchakra,

I guess you need to contact existing Hindi language contributors to do
this. You also might want to join Fedora Translation Hindi mailing list[0].

I guess most of the language communities do have certain custom rules
before they give access to any new contributors. e.g. I do proof-read
translations of new Gujarati community members. I ask them to improve if
they need improvement and will review their translations again. I give
them access only when I find they meeting standards of Gujarati
translations. Similarly, Hindi language community should have some
predefined rule-set too. You might want to approach them first before
asking for direct commit access.

Thanks!

Regards,
Ankit Patel