system-config-selinux in t.fp.o

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 3 16:06:17 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 03.05.2010, 07:13 +0200 schrieb Zoltan Hoppar:
> Hi,
>
> that "repoquery" wasn known me either... Could you give more details
> about these useful commands?
>
> 2010/5/3 Domingo Becker <domingobecker at gmail.com>
>         2010/5/2 Thomas Spura <tomspur at fedoraproject.org>:
>         > Am Sonntag, den 02.05.2010, 18:06 -0300 schrieb Domingo
>         Becker:
>         >> Where is system-config-selinux in Fedora's Tx instance?
>         >
>         > $ repoquery -f */system-config-selinux
>         > policycoreutils-gui-0:2.0.82-7.fc13.x86_64
>         >
>         > So I guess it's in policycoreutils:
>         >
>         https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/policycoreutils/
>         >

>         Thanks a lot, Thomas.
>         There was a minor translation that was annoying me.
>         I will use that "repoquery ..." thing next time.
>
>         k.r.
>
>         Domingo Becker (es)

Sure, with repoquery you can query pretty simple, what package owns a
file with: 'repoquery -f $FILE'

All other commands from repoquery are about dependency searching:
- repoquery --whatrequires $PACKAGE: which packages require the package
- repoquery --requires $PACKAGE: what a package requires itself

Another usefull command would be 'yum provides $FILE'. It basically does
the same like repoquery -f, but also shows more details and not just the
package name.

You see the difference with:
'repoquery -f */system-config-selinux'
vs
'yum provides */system-config-selinux'

Both query for a file */system-config-selinux no matter where installed,
if you want to be more specific you can do a:
'yum provides /usr/bin/system-config-selinux'

Also see 'man repoquery' for more details.

	-Thomas