http://stg.fedoraproject.org

noriko noriko at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 5 04:37:03 UTC 2010

Sijis Aviles さんは書きました:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:16 PM, noriko <noriko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I can not find some strings below in PO file which are appeared in
>> English at the above. Looking in some other languages, those strings are
>> appeared in English as well, even those languages are all 100% translated.
>> Where can I find them to translate?
>>
>> I believe that this site is fetching latest translation periodically,
>> but how often?
>>
>> [http://stg.fedoraproject.org/ja/get-fedora]
>> Other Options
>>     *  Formats: DVD ISOs, Physical Media
>>     * Architectures: 64-bit, PPC, and others
>>     * Desktops: KDE, XFCE, GNOME, and others
>>     * Spins: Electronics Lab, Education, and others
>>
>> o The section "Other Options", Formats, Architectures, Desktops, Spins
>> exist in PO and have all been translated. But their descriptions such as
>> 'DVD ISOs, Physical Media', '64-bit PPC, and others' etc can not be
>> found in PO file and left in English.
>>
>> Export Regulations
>> By clicking on and downloading Fedora, you agree to comply with the
>> following terms and conditions:
>> Read full export regulations
>>
>> o 'Export Regulations' exists in PO and has been translated. But the
>> description followed can not be found in PO and left in English.
>>
>> [http://stg.fedoraproject.org/ja/get-help]
>> Online Classroom
>> The Fedora IRC Classroom periodically holds classes to help you better
>> use, understand, and manage your Fedora installation. Refer to the
>> Classroom page for more information on upcoming classes, and archives of
>> previous class sessions.
>>
>> o 'Online Classroom' exists in PO and has been translated, but the
>> description followed can not be found in PO and left in English.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> noriko
>> --
>
> Noriko,
>
> The stg.fp.o website is updated hourly. In fact, it should be updated
> at about 5 minutes past the hour.
Great! thank you.

> Export regulations is purposely not translated. This is for a legal reasons [1].
Aha! got it, I remember now.
Will you please remove this string of 'Export Regulations' from PO file,
so that for next release all languages can follow same leaving in English?

> I looked at the ja.po file and it is translated. I just looked at the
> stg.fp.o website and its showing in japanese. The text may have been
> translated just after the last update. On a side note, there are 46
> languages and only 11 have that specific text translated.
>
> I look at the files and we've somehow missed making that text
> translatable. :( This includes the Formats, Architectures, Desktops,
> Activities tabs along with the other pieces of text you've mentioned.
> We could add it but it will definitely break the current string freeze
> in effect.
Indeed, but these pages are very important for Fedora users and I like
to have them translated. Not sure whether other translators are happy or
unhappy to have string freeze break.

How you think, translators?

noriko