Non-JavaScript fallback for docs.fp.o

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Tue May 11 01:44:15 UTC 2010

On 05/10/2010 10:05 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Rudi,
>
> You had said earlier you were working on providing a non-JS fallback
> for the docs.fp.o site.  Whether that's through the Publican publish
> feature or an interim change, will this be in place in time for F13
> GA?

Absolutely;

I finished all the truly hard stuff over the weekend -- accommodating
all the legacy docs that we can't readily build any more.

I now "just" have to build and install the docs for F10--F13; this is
largely an automated process and I anticipate completing this today or
tomorrow.

Note that I will have to make a number of small changes to a few books
to have them build cleanly; things along the lines of making sure that
titles are in the format "Foo Guide" rather than "foo-guide" as I've
seen here-and-there.

I'll also move any contributor documentation to a different product
name: "Fedora Contributor Documentation", which will separate it out
from the actual OS documentation.

I ask for the forbearance of my fellow guide owners and hope that the
end result will be worth it :)

If anyone wants to watch work as it progresses, just check out the
"Publican-2.0" branch of web.git

Feedback welcome.

Cheers
Rudi