Self-Introduction

Eric "Sparks" Christensen sparks at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 8 14:36:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 17:01, Luc de Louw <luc at delouw.ch> wrote:
> Hi there...
>
> I'm a Linux guy since 1994. First contact was with SuSE-Linux. Since
> 2000 Linux is not only my hobby anymore, it is also my profession.
>
> In ~2002 I begun to translate KDE and related software to German. Later
> I unfortunately did not got the anymore to do some more translations.
>
> Since ~2008 I'm working mostly with RHEL, CentOS and Fedora.
>
> In 2010 @FUDCon2010 in Zurich I made my first personal contacts with the
> Fedora community and I recognized it is a nice community with VERY nice
> people.
>
> So I decided to help the Fedora Community as good as I can.
>
> General experiences on topic
>
> - Docbook SGML (I published two TLDP docs)
> - Thus some Docbook XLM knowledge
> - GNU Gettext (msg-merge and friends etc) KDE and others
> - General documentation in technical environments
>
> Further Fedora and RHEL related experiances:
>
> - RHCE
> - Directory Services and Authentication Certificate of Expertise EX423
> - Basic Knowledge about building RPMs
> - Quite good with knowledge about about Spacewalk and RHN Satellite
>
> * Location
> Albisrieden, Zurich, Switzerland
>
> * Timezone
> CET/CEST (UTC+1, UTC+2)
>
> * Languages
> - German (Mother tongue)
> - English (fluent)
> - French (good, not so fluent anymore)
> - Spanish (some very basics)
>
> I'm unsure what will be the next steps to help you, please advice...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luc

Luc,

Great to have you onboard!  Having DocBook XML experience will be a
great plus as all of our formal documentation uses DocBook XML for the
source.

Please join us on IRC[1] in #fedora-docs.  That is where our
day-to-day operations occur.  We also meet[2] on Thursdays at 00:01
UTC in #fedora-meeting.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#IRC
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_meetings

--Eric Christensen