Transifex quite unusable
Luc de Louw
luc at delouw.ch
Thu Nov 18 22:38:01 UTC 2010
I'm contributing some German translations since a few days. Here is some
In this short period I have detected some problems with Transifex:
1. It is extremely slow (more or less unusably slow)
2. It is more comfortable to use git to check out the latest po files
3. Uploading a corrected/enhanced file is extremely slow or not possible
4. Translators are unable to leave a commit message such as "Corrected
some mistakes" or "Translated some missing strings".
5. Mistakenly overwriting a wrong po file is easily done by pointing the
mouse a few pixels above or underneath the entry and click "browse".
How about establishing a git repository for the translators? Maybe just
as an alternative? It would make life easier for translators.
I do not know if Transifex had a better performance in the past, at
present it is just horrible, nearly unusable.
More information about the trans