Procedure for working with guides not originally written in English

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 16:12:51 UTC 2010

2010/9/1 Eric "Sparks" Christensen <sparks at fedoraproject.org>:

> The following process has been established and is open for suggestions:
>
> Non-English source
> Non-English source
> in DocBook XML
> Non-English POT
> English PO
   English source in DocBook XML

> English POT
> Translated POs
> Publish English and translated
> versions of the guide

That missing conversion would be done by publican, as said Paul
Frields (stickster).

> As long as the source owner can find someone to translate the source
> into English then our tool-chains should work.

I kindly invite the Fedora Spanish translation team to get involved in
this process. We have to translate from Spanish .pot to English .po
using poEdit or any other po file editor.

If we succeed in this process, other docs contributors can do the same
as Guillermo Gomez (gomix), and enrich the Fedora documentation with
their creation.

kind regards

Domingo Becker (es)