Advice sought for translating manpages

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Thu Sep 2 19:05:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Ruediger Landmann <r.landmann at redhat.com> wrote:
>  On 09/03/2010 03:30 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>>
>> OK, I just mean the actual format generated by po4a is a little
>> bit different.  Example:
>>
>>    http://annexia.org/tmp/test.po
>>
>> I haven't seen those "type:" annotations in any other PO file before.
>>
>> Rich.
>>
> Since these are just formatted as "translator comments",[0] they should
> pose no problem for Transifex AFAIK. I can't specifically recall seeing
> how Transifex handles this particular type of comment, but it handles
> all other types without problem.

True.

Additionally, I should mention that Transifex 1.0 (currently in alpha)
does not require files to be in the PO format -- it's format-agnostic.
Converters to Transifex's translation storage engine can be written
very easily, and also strings can be pushed directly over an API.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos