Advice sought for translating manpages

Denis Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 19:46:32 UTC 2010

On 2010/9/2 Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Following on from this posting:
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-April/007357.html
>
> We're proposing to use po4a to create a .pot file for all the manual
> pages around libguestfs (some are very long -- 100 pages at least).
>
> I'd like some advice on what transifex can handle.
>
> Can it handle the PO files generated by po4a?
[...]

Hello,

I am one of the developers of po4a.  PO files generated by po4a can be
handled by any tool, they are regular PO files.  Please note that the
po4a package shipped in Fedora is quite old,  it would be really nice
to update it, new versions fix many bugs (like the problem you
describe in your patch about the =encoding line).

Denis