Procedure for working with guides not originally written in English

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 13:43:51 UTC 2010

2010/9/3 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:

> Right on both counts.  I thought there was some reason that people
> wanted an English POT, but it's not required in either Publican or
> Transifex.  Lingua franca is a per-project concept, after all. :-)

The reason is that Fedora translation teams translate from English to
whatever but not from Spanish to whatever.
So we need an English .pot file to let other people to translate it.
If not, the process will stop there and we will only have a Spanish
and an English version of the book.
The process has started already.
Jared and the docs team is helping Guillermo a lot.
So we will soon have a Non-English source in DocBook XML to continue
with the work flow.

kind regards

Domingo Becker