Advice sought for translating manpages

Denis Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 20:11:34 UTC 2010

On 2010/9/4 Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
[...]
> Unless I'm mistaken, it can't completely replace gettext?  (ie.  it
> doesn't understand C and _("...") annotations?)

Disclaimer: if we are getting off-topic, feel free to follow up on our
development list
  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/po4a-devel/

AFAICT we never considered languages already supported by xgettext, we
prefer focusing on areas not covered by xgettext.  And to be honest,
xgettext does a pretty good job.
Given the other messages in this thread, it is likely that you ask
this question in order to have a single POT file.   This is indeed
something you may want to do, but most of the times, POT file for
documentation is much larger, and I agree with Piotr that having two
POT files is a better option then.
So in short, we do not know yet how to best address this issue, but
also never found it to be a real problem.

Denis