Release Notes Draft

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Tue Sep 7 13:01:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 00:14 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 11:45:53AM -0400, John J. McDonough wrote:
> > A number of beats were blank, and some of them probably should be, but I
> > left them in the document for now as a reminder in case you are aware of
> > something that is missing.  I will get rid of them tomorrow.
>
> Systemd needs more explaining, if we want that transition to go smoothly.
> And it should be in the index under "init" as well as systemd. And also, it
> should not go under "Boot" -- it is a system which manages processes on the
> system from startup to shutdown.

Certainly we would welcome more detail.  You should feel free to provide
it on the wiki.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Boot

I'm less sure about moving it.  Since there were no other significant
changes to System Daemons perhaps it could go there and not get lost,
but I suspect system admins would need to make lots of changes to their
init scripts and I would think the first place they would look would be
Boot.

I would dearly love to give admins some help on what they need to do to
restore their configurations after this update, but I can't do it
without help, probably a lot of help, from development.

Since the XML conversion is now complete there is no longer a need to
maintain the beta wiki freeze, so if you can possibly contribute, please
do.  The longer you wait, though, the more of a problem it creates for
L10N.  But I do think it is important.

--McD