About Transifex stability

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Sat Sep 11 13:18:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Thomas Canniot
<thomas.canniot at mrtomlinux.org> wrote:
> How is it that transifex has been so unstable for the past months ?
> I had lost of "page not found" yesterday again with the relnotes in
> French and tonight i can't login... the site is not responsive :(
>
> Before f13 it was rolling so good
> Is the server not big enough anymore ?

With both me and Diego having our plates full with Transifex.net and
the upcoming major 1.0 release, I'm afraid the infrastructure hasn't
been receiving the love it needs. We're still running Tx 0.7.4 which
has long reached its end of life.

At some point we should be having a meeting to decide our action plan
for translate.fpo. We either need more folks to help out, or even
consider migrating to fedora.transifex.net, which we work hard in
keeping up2date and stable*.

-d

* Disclaimer: I obviously work for the company maintaining Transifex.net. =)

--
Dimitris Glezos