Upcoming Fedora 14 Tasks

Robert Antoni robert.buj at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 14:10:49 UTC 2010

Dear Jesúus,

Almost all documentation in fedora has been written using publican.
On i18n process fedora members extracts messages into pot files.
Later catalogs are built and published into git repository and also
available into Transifex server.
Each project can have several branches as well as f13, f14, master ...
visible into Transifex server.
You can also test your translation before release date.

To test Relase notes documentation follow this steps:

1 - install required sofware:

su -c 'yum install git-all publican-fedora'

2 - Get sources from repository

   - mkdir projects
   - cd projects
   - git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/release-notes.git

3 - Build documentation

   - cd release-notes
   - git checkout -b f14 --track origin/f14
   - publican build --formats=html --langs=es-ES

NOTES:
--formats=html | html-single | pdf
git checkout -b f14 --track origin/f14 (switches to f14 brach)

Regards,

Robert

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Jesús Franco <tezcatl at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> > From: John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com>
> > Subject: Upcoming Fedora 14 Tasks
>
> I need to clarify some ítems on the schedule John. Could you or anyone
> else in the list help me?
>
> Thanks in advance. :)
>
> > Start       End         Name
> > Tue 07-Sep  Mon 01-Nov  Translate All Guides (POT to PO)
>
> Is it, translating from English to other languages?
> Or is it just transform the .xml files into .po for each language?
> When the writers of english guides "freeze" the branch and make
> available the files for other languages?
>
> > Wed 08-Sep  Tue 28-Sep  Translate Beta Release Notes
> > Tue 14-Sep  Mon 18-Oct  Translate Final Release Notes (POT to PO)
>
> How can we know which branch are we working on?
> Transifex? Is there any git instructions for selecting "the good one"
> branch? Transifex sometimes is really crazy working on!
>
> > Thu 23-Sep  Thu 23-Sep  Fedora 14 Beta Release Readiness Meeting
> > Tue 28-Sep  Tue 28-Sep  Beta Release Public Availability
>
> So, does this mean we have 5 days to finish the translation of RN?
>
> > Tue 28-Sep  Tue 28-Sep  Reminder to f-websites-list about POT/PO dates
> > in 7 days
>
> Again, thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> Jesús Franco
> http://identi.ca/tzk

FQN: Robert Antoni Buj Gelonch
AKA: Robert Buj

Advanced-level training cycle (ca: CFGS) in computer software engineering
(ca: DAI) - les Heures, technical academy (SPA)
Computer Science Engineer - University of Lleida (UDL), Lleida (SPA)
Training course in Handel-C & DK design suite - Celoxica Ltd., Abington (UK)
Training course in Xilinx EDK & Microblaze - Autonomous University of Madrid
(UAM), Madrid (SPA)
Postgraduate Master's degree in .NET Solutions - Open University of
Catalonia (UOC), Barcelona (SPA)
Postgraduate Master's degree in FOSS (Free and open source software)
(upcoming) - Open University of Catalonia (UOC), Barcelona (SPA)

ca: M'agradaria millorar el món, però Déu no em dóna el codi font!
de: Ich würde gern die Welt verbessern, doch Gott gibt mir den Quellcode
nicht!
en: I would like to improve the world, but God didn't give me the source
code!
es: Me gustaría mejorar el mundo, pero Dios no me da el código fuente!

gpg fingerprint = 0800 D37B C187 CC6E 9D0C 0AF4 265D 0096 AC78 6412