FreeIPA and Fedora resources

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Aug 2 11:09:30 UTC 2011

написане Tue, 02 Aug 2011 11:34:35 +0300, Noriko Mizumoto
<noriko at fedoraproject.org>:

> (2011年08月01日 20:32), Piotr Drąg wrote:
>> 2011/8/1 Yuri Chornoivan<yurchor at ukr.net>:
>>> FreeIPA uses Fedora teams for translation of interface [1] and it is
>>> Fedora solution, but there is no FreeIPA item neither in "Fedora 15"
>>> (what about change the name to "Fedora Main" or something like this?)
>>> nor in "Fedora Upstream".
>>>
>>> Can FreeIPA be added to one of the Fedora resources list?
>>>
>> I've added FreeIPA and also SSSD to Fedora Upstream. Thanks for
>> noticing this!
>>
>> About changing Fedora X to Fedora Main: I like this idea. How about
>> others?
> How can be the package treated who sets the branch instead the master
> for particular release translation? (e.g. Anaconda -> f15-branch)

I think that there is no contradiction here. The number for the branch is
self-explanatory.

The current scheme of naming is not very convenient. Every half of year
the catalog should be renamed (copied) and all translator's bookmarks
becomes obsolete.

Now we translate F16 but every new translator sees that F16 is translated
in "Fedora 15 (Lovelock)" resource (it is not very consistent). If Tx.net
is just intermediate stop it is good enough, but if we plan to stay here
for a long time, it would be better to change name scheme, imho.