Fedora 16 release

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 10 12:48:34 UTC 2011

(2011年08月09日 22:25), Piotr Drąg wrote:
> 2011/8/9 Noriko Mizumoto<noriko at fedoraproject.org>:
>> Yup, thank you, now I can understand the situation.
>> Sorry being importunate, but then is any way to see the status for past
>> releases?
>>
> I see only one option: usage of git/hg/svn branches. But software
> developers in Fedora clearly don't want to use them, they seems to
> prefer creating snapshots instead.
>
> So there is nothing we can do about it right now.

Ah... k, understood the picture. Thank you so much explaining this, Piotr.

>> Say, if particular release was translated 100% for particular languages, but
>> if the actual release shows incomplete localization for those languages,
>> then the status maybe the only one which can attest to the fact that those
>> languages have actually been translated 100%.
>>
> I'm sorry, I don't quite understand this. Do you need a way to state
> "this past release was translated in 100%"?

Yes.
For example, assuming Japanese team translated all Fedora packages of
FXX 100% by the deadline, then we expect that FXX will be distributed
with 100% localized Fedora packages. If we find some Fedora pacakges is
not 100% localized in Japanese for this FXX release, we like to
investigate the cause.

I can see that it is hard to track the statistics of past releases.

noriko