[Test-Announce] Fedora 16 Alpha to slip by one week.

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 12 06:36:01 UTC 2011

(2011年08月12日 13:47), Domingo Becker wrote:
> 2011/8/11 Noriko Mizumoto<noriko at fedoraproject.org>:
>> As subject, the schedule has slipped by one week.
>> We may or may not experience some string freeze brakes, please keep your
>> eye on them:-)
>> Else, no issue reported during Fedora Readiness Meeting and all teams
>> are going well.
>>
>> The task schedule for translation has recently been updated by Robyn
>> according to the request, but with some accident the mail has not hit
>> the list.
>>
> Noriko-san, it looks like we need a deadline for anaconda package
> compose in order to include the latest translations.
>
> The Spanish Team had anaconda translations completed several days
> before the Alpha RCn composes, and not all translations were included.
> Perhaps we did not make it to the compose deadline.
>
> I tested Alpha RC2.

I am understanding that naturally Alpha does not contain latest
translation but Beta and after should. Alpha has been composed early
August just around string freeze date.

> Anaconda is a special package, because it's the first one we see when
> installing Fedora. I would really like the users to have the best
> experience with Fedora installation.

Yes, I strongly agree.
We like to make sure that latest translation is correctly included and
it's quality for final release. Therefore 'live image will be composed
by release-engineering for software review', about a week before
translation deadline as described in the task schedule. This image
should contain latest translation. If any issue is found, a bug can be
filed (and hopefully fixed by Beta change deadline) or direct
modification can be made to PO files before translation deadline.
For this purpose, we will have L10N test day.

Everything in this image, plus any modification made during review
period, should be included in Beta and after.

noriko