yum translations

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 16 14:27:24 UTC 2011

Forwarded answer from James as he is not member of this mailing list --

> > I am not sure what is going on with yum, but I've requested the updates of
> > translation already for f15 (http://yum.baseurl.org/ticket/684), but it is
> > getting somewhat stuck. There is also a spam in the yum ticket tracker...
> >
> > Looks like it is unmaintained or something.
>

> No it is not unmaintained, but I think they would have a big release soon.

 The current plan is to move the version of yum in rawhide into at least
F16, and maybe F15 too. You can see an unofficial rebuild in the yum
rawhide rebuild repo:

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/james/yum-rawhide/

...the above version is basically ready for F16, just need to pull the
doom switch.

> I've asked them *a lot* for an update in F15, (using trac, BZ, emails)
> and they didn't know by that time that they needed to pull
> translations by themselves using the new transifex platform.
> Now, they are aware of that, and they (james) made an update, in August.
>
> James, please note that in the project settings under transifex.net
> you could define the repo for transifex to push translations… Like
> before.

 I might look at this again, atm. I'm just running the transifex sync.
manually "often" ... which is at least better than when it hadn't been
run for weeks/months at a time.

> If I am right, you could create a new resource in transifex.net,
> showing the branch (or yum release).
> (I could help for that)

 We have discussed this recently (creating different branches), but it
seems like it might be a waste of translating man power ... not sure.

--
Kévin Raymond
User:shaiton