Requesting access to Sinhala repo and coordination back

Buddhika Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Sat Dec 17 04:06:20 UTC 2011

Hello Dear Folks,

I think the situation is not understood here. Firstly I am not in transfix
group but I am from the Sri Lanka fedora community. Therefore think of
writing to the thread.

I think after Danishka added Pkavinda, it override Danishka's rights and
Pkavinda was set as the main maintainer. What Danishka wanted was to make
the Pkavinda as the co-maintainer while Danishka remains as the maintainer
position; That is what I have understood by reading the thread.
https://fedora.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora/team/si/ here there are 4
contributors are waiting for approval and that means the maintainer is not
that active with the team, I guess. Danishka was the initiator of the (si)
localization since 2007 and for some reasons he is out of the team may be a
technical fault. The current maintainer is not active and as
the previous mail said he is not continuing what Danishka did. Please do
correct me if I am wrong.

In such a situation Danihska need the maintainership to keep the project
going. That is what I understood.

Therefore as a project I think the only thing matter is the final output.
If it is not possible to add Danishka to the team then what can be done is
ping Pkavinda and wait for a week (may be) for his respond and if there is
no respond please add Danishka as a co-maintainer. That will make the
project going.

I couldnt find contact details of Pkavinda so that I wasnt able to contact
him, Kevin, if possible please kindly find his email from the transfix team
and email him. If we cannot contact him I find no good keep
the position filled. In that way we can solve this problem and continue.

"THIS IS WHAT I THINK, MAY BE I AM WRONG, I JUST WANT TO WRITE MY IDEA AS A
FEDORA SRI LANKA COMMUNITY MEMBER"

--
Regards,
*Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)*

*Email*: bckurera at fedoraproject.org | *IRC*: bckurera
*
*