Proven translators group

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 15 16:50:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Piotr Drąg <piotrdrag at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been thinking of a new FAS group to give experienced translators
> a possibility to directly commit translations, based on
> provenpackagers idea. It would give translators with good git/hg/etc
> knowledge a chance to speed up their workflow, fix some common l10n
> issues (outdated POTFILES.in, POT file rebuilds etc.) by themselves
> etc. This is how GNOME projects works, and as many of you may know, it
> works well. :)
>
> Basically joining proventranslators group will give read/write access
> to every repository on fedorahosted.org, so joining requests need to
> be carefully verified. This process would be entirely optional, and
> most translators will continue to use Transifex.
>
> Any opinions, other ideas? Is it even technically possible?
>
> --
> Piotr Drąg
> http://raven.pmail.pl/

Hey,

This won't really be needed if we move to transifex.net has commit
will be easier.
Of course, for specific projects (like docs) being able to commit many
small files would be helpful.

For information, here are the minutes from today l10n meeting:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-02-15/fedora-meeting.2011-02-15-13.00.html

--
Kévin Raymond (shaiton)
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2