Transifex big issues

Andrea Veri av at gnome.org
Fri Jan 28 11:31:40 UTC 2011

Il giorno 28/gen/2011, alle ore 09.44, Kévin Raymond ha scritto:

> Yes we know. This is mainly a database problem (sometimes it works
> perfectly, wow!!!).
> Our transifex instance (v.0.7) is in an upgrade stage (to v.0.9.1). We
> have no idea when the upgrade will be done, nor when the staging
> instance would be usable.

well, I am not really sure this update will happen at some point since
I was following a talk on #fedora-admin yesterday night about the
possibility to move to transifex.net shutting down our translate.fp.org service.
(the main cause is that transifex do *not* have a maintainer at the moment and
moreover the transition from 0.9 to 1.0 seems to be hard to make effective)

> How did you get the git commit access? MrTom (thomas) has requested
> this access for a long time, and are still waiting for it...

I've explained my frustration about me losing hours before trying to commit
a single .po file and I asked for a git access. I would suggest that one/two guys
per translation team should ask for the access and commit translations for the
whole team until a solution has been found. (who knows when and how)

Andrea
Italian Translation Team