Arabic translation

Misha Shnurapet shnurapet at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 3 05:53:05 UTC 2011

02.07.2011, 03:40, "Kévin Raymond" <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>:
> Could we define a 2 or 3 weeks timeout to approve or reject the
> request from the team coordinator, after which any of the project
> maintainers would have the right to approve the request?

We cannot do this.

The registration procedure contains mandatory steps a new member must take *besides* the click in Transifex. It is for the team coordinator to decide whether to approve the request, to remind the person of other steps they are expected to do or to ignore the request until the new registrant himself does what it takes.

Transifex does not show the "last seen" time in profiles, so you can't judge whether a coordinator is inactive. If they don't upload translations or do not create projects or teams, that does not mean their absence.

Please remember that the join process is also a simple sanity check for the new comers, so you can't simply approve or leave it to the project maintainers, they're pretty busy with more important stuff. Neither you can reject people automatically because it's incorrect, one may have difficulties with another aspect of procedure and hesitate.

--
Best regards,
Email: shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, IRC: misha on freenode