Cron <apache at bapp01> /usr/local/bin/lock-wrapper syncStatic /usr/local/bin/syncStatic (mismatched \n in de.po, website build failing)

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Jul 18 09:03:27 UTC 2011

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be better to add the sentence that Lotte in its current state
> > is not recommended tool to do translations for Fedora?
>
> Please stop trolling.
>
> -d
>

> --
> Dimitris Glezos

Hi!

Thanks for this correction and stop me from trolling, but the new version does not solve non-obvious and undocumented way of inserting newline and other special characters in Lotte:

http://getsatisfaction.com/indifex/topics/editing_problems_in_lotte

It's just hide the real problem from translator. Translation which is now have neither newline at the beginning nor newline at the end looks OK and automatically corrected, but it should not work in real life.

Consider the following example:

"\n"
"Foo1\n"
"Foo2\n"
"\n"

Someone can enter in the Lotte input field (case of use "\n", if someone just press Enter the result will be the similar):

"\n"
"Bar1\n"
"Bar2\n"
"\n"

It will be automatically corrected to

"\n"
"\\nBar1\\nBar2\\n\\n\n"

which is seen as

<quote>

\nBar1\nBar2\n

</quote>
Is this a good way to translate?

I bet that this does not happen when using off-line tools. So I wish this be corrected (I might be wrong and Lotte do not do such things now) or... well, do not recommend to use Lotte.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best regards,
Yuri