Tx duplicate teams removal

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 30 07:20:52 UTC 2011

2011/7/1 Misha Shnurapet <shnurapet at fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi!
>
> The docs translation period starts in two months, it would be nice for the l10n teams with duplicate language resources on Transifex to have their resources justified.
>
> From what requires action, the duplicate resources named as regional codes (like ru_RU or es_ES) hold our previous work. While the resources named as language identifiers (like ru or es) are out of sync or contain empty translations. It means that the project translators would lose progress if the project maintainers kill the duplicates now. The progressed modules need to be merged in the right place, where these would be available to the teams members afterwards. This is to be done by the l10n coordinators.
>
> There's also a deadline to be set so we don't make the cleanup an endless process. August 15th, 2011, seems to be enough, in case someone's on vacation. That's 2 weeks before the docs translation period starts and about 1.5 month from now. Then we may ask the project maintainers to run a script to remove all those language resources.
>
> If the Transifex stats [2] don't lie, the following teams are to be REMOVED:
>   as_IN
>   bg_BG
>   bn_IN
>   bs_BA
>   ca_ES
>   cz_CZ
>   da_DK
>   de_DE
>   el_GR
>   fa_IR
>   fi_FI
>   fr_FR
>   gu_IN
>   he_IL
>   hi_IN
>   hr_HR
>   hu_HU
>   id_ID
>   is_IS
>   it_IT
>   jp_JP
>   kn_IN
>   ko_KR
>   lt_LT
>   lv_LV
>   ml_IN
>   ms_MY
>   nb_NO
>   nl_NL
>   or_IN
>   pa_IN
>   pl_PL
>   ru_RU
>   sr_RS
>   sr_RS at latin
>   sk_SK
>   sv_SE
>   ta_IN
>   te_IN
>   uk_UA
>   vi_VN
>
> The following team is to be LEFT INTACT:
>   zh_CN (as opposed to zh_TW and zh_HK)

> [...]

Hi,
Thank you for this clear explanation.
I've just done that for fr_FR who can be removed when you want (the fr
team could not access it using transifex, no worries about further
translations).

The updated tx client from the fedora repo was not able to download
the whole project, I had to use the hg tree.

Kévin Raymond
User:shaiton
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2