A temporary solution for translator credits in po file

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Thu Jun 2 04:46:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Tiansworld <tiansworld at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> We've made great efforts for the localization of Fedora 15.
> As we already knew, translator information will not be added in the head
> of po file since we migrated l10n work to transifex.net.

Since last week, the translation information *is* added on the PO
headers. This information is stored on a resource-language level. A
couple of examples can already be seen live:

  https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/transifex/resource/txo/l/pt_BR/download/
  https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/anaconda/resource/master/l/zh_CN/download/

The copyright information is created with the following ways:

 1. When translating online using the Web Editor, your name is added on the
    copyright header. To show your full name you need to define it under your
    Transifex Profile page.
 2. When uploading a PO file, Transifex will parse the header and try to find
    translator's names. Any names which do not exist in its database, will be
    added.

To populate the database with past copyright information, we have created a
script which will add as much information that was found in the Fedora
archives.

You can also manually add copyright information by downloading a PO file,
adding the copyright headers by hand and re-uploading.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos