Single-module fedoraproject.org

Gelei Máté mate.gelei at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 7 07:05:35 UTC 2011

> From: shnurapet at fedoraproject.org
> To: trans at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Subject: Single-module fedoraproject.org
> Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 15:46:22 +0900
>
> Hi.
>
> >From what has become a bottleneck for the Russian L10N team last cycle, the fedoraproject.org master branch contains one large module of 1077 strings that has been quite uneasy to collaborate on. Besides that it's a large amount of work for one person at a time, one locks the module to work on it exclusively while others wait. Can the unit be broken into separate smaller POTs so at least 3 people could work on it at the same time? For instance, it could be divided into "Home", "Features & Screenshots", "Downloads", "Community", "Using Fedora", "Help", etc. or any other way appropriate.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Misha Shnurapet, Fedora Project Contributor
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Shnurapet
> shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, GPG: 00217306

Hello,

I guess it could be split, but I don't really believe there's such a
crowd trying to translate the website to Russian. Unlike software
packages, you are not really forced into a time frame. The Russian website master branch has about 450 strings untranslated, you have a lot of time to translate it before F16 comes in.

I don't think it'd be needed to split the POT, but that's just my personal opinion.

--
Gelei Máté
PGP: 69DF3504