Proposal: New Fedora Localization Guide

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Wed Jun 22 12:48:49 UTC 2011

Today I spent a few hours and created a new and updated version of the
Fedora L10n Guide:

 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Guide

What's new?

- Re-used a lot of content from the excellent TQSG we had in Docs.

- The content was updated to reflect our new infrastructure. A huge chunk of
  warnings and questions has gone away, since the new Tx arch handles things
  transparently, eliminating msgmerge errors, POT files missing etc.

- The FAQ page was also updated & merged at the bottom of the guide, to make
  sure we keep it up2date.

- The guide was put on the Wiki instead of publican. This will allow us to
  maintain it live, with more people, more content & translations.

- I suggest to completely remove the docs-based TQSG and focus on having only
  one guide. This will avoid confusion and the content will always be updated.

Finally, we've been documenting a lot of things on the Transifex Help Pages,
which are integrated into the tool itself. We'll be adding more content there,
so that translators will have it right at their fingertips.

 http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/

Let me know what you think! If you find any errors, just jump in and Edit the
page directly!

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos