Proposal: New Fedora Localization Guide

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Jun 22 18:20:02 UTC 2011

 Від кого: "KГ©vin Raymond" <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>

> 2011/6/22 Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net>:
> > <snip>
> > Are the any plans to use some translation wiki extension (TranslateWiki)
> > for Fedora?
> >

> There is a module used to translate the wiki
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraProject:Translating
>
> But it is not really powerful as we don't use any ID version.
> I like the way it is implemented in the Sugar wiki:
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Team/Wiki_Translation

The way of KDE UserBase:

http://userbase.kde.org/Translate_a_Page

looks much easier and maintainable for me.

It is not a problem to translate this guide once, it is a big problem to keep the translation up-to-date. I'd rather not translate the things that will hardly be maintained after the first translation round. PO is maintainable enough, but raw wiki is not, imho.