Transifex vs. offline tools

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Sun Jun 26 12:32:02 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Misha Shnurapet <shnurapet at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:
>> I don't know if there is a diff, not sure at all.
>
> Nope, no diff. I miss it. You can't say whether someone fixed a one-letter
> typo or contributed over 50 strings.

I use the Tx client and a small local VCS of mine to view these.

  $ hg init
  $ tx init
  $ tx set --auto-remote <Fedora-Release-URL>
  $ tx pull
  $ hg commit -a -m 'snapshot!'
  ### Every time changes happen which I want to review:
  $ tx pull
  $ hg commit -A -m 'snapshot!'
  $ hg log -r tip --patch

At some point Tx should be able to say what has changed when a file is pushed
or changed in Lotte, eg:

  <Project>:<Resource>: User <John> has updated the <German> translation:
                        152 words translated, 5 new suggestions.

>> But in the old process, while you were able to read the diff, the push was
>> already done.
>
> It's okay because there is always a significant delay before the changes
> actually show up.

Can you please open a ticket using the Feedback button on what exactly doesn't
happen that it should?

Thanks for the feedback!

-d

--